Hezbollah claims responsibility for Lebanon border attack that injured four Israeli soldiers

(JNS.org) Hezbollah’s leader has claimed responsibility for the attack that wounded four Israeli soldiers last week on the Israeli-Lebanese border.

The flag of Hezbollah. Credit: Hizbollah Flag via Wikimedia Commons.

In a live interview on Lebanese television station Al-Mayadeen, Sheik Hassan Nasrallah said that two remote-controlled bombs were detonated when the Israeli forces crossed the border. Nasrallah said that his terror group had planted the devices and were waiting for the soldiers to come.

“The feet that will enter our land and we know about it will be cut. ... This is our right,” Nasrallah said, the Associated Press reported. “We will not forgive any ground violation of our land.”

Last week, Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon had said the soldiers were on a routine mission and inadvertently activated a land mine.

Posted on August 15, 2013 .