Paris kosher supermarket terror survivors sue French media outlet

( Six survivors of the Paris Hyper Cacher kosher supermarket terror attack in January are suing a French cable news outlet for broadcasting their location live during the siege.

A makeshift memorial to the victims of the January 9 terror attack outside of the Paris Hyper Cacher kosher supermarket. Credit: U.S. State Department.

The attorney for the hostage survivors said that the broadcast by French 24-hour cable news network BFMTV “lacked the most basic precautions” and endangered those still alive inside the supermarket, AFP reported.

The attack on the Paris kosher supermarket on January 9 by Islamic terrorist Amedy Coulibaly left four people dead. It occurred just days following the attack on the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo by Islamic terrorists Cherif and Said Kouchi that killed 12.

“The working methods of media in real time in this type of situation were tantamount to goading someone to commit a crime,” Klugman told AFP, while blasting the French media for reporting the security force's movements during the siege.

Klugman added that their lives “could have been at risk if Coulibaly had been aware in real time what BFMTV was broadcasting.”

Several hostages were hidden in a walk-in refrigerator by supermarket employee Lassana Bathily, a 24-year-old Muslim from Mali who was later hailed as a hero and granted French citizenship.

Posted on April 3, 2015 .