(JNS.org) Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif boasted about his country’s ability to bring its nuclear weapons program back to life after the Islamic Republic’s nuclear deal with world powers begins to expire in a decade.
On Monday, the Associated Press obtained a document which was the only part of the nuclear deal that was not made public last year. The document outlines how key restrictions on Iran’s nuclear program will ease in slightly more than a decade, which will cut the time that Tehran needs to produce a nuclear weapon from a year to six months.
Zarif said that the document, which outlines Iran’s post-deal uranium enrichment program, is a “matter of pride” and that it was created by Iran’s “negotiators and industry experts,” Iran’s semi-official Fars news agency reported.
Additionally, Zarif said that the addendum to the nuclear deal will soon be made public.
“God willing, when the complete text of the document is published, it will be clear where we will stand in 15 years,” he said.