(January 2, 2019 / Gatestone Institute)
- “The Palestinian revolution has been continuing for 54 years. The revolution will continue until the aspirations of our people are fulfilled. … We have clearly stated that all forms of resistance are legitimate.” — Mahmoud Aloul, deputy chairman of Fatah; seen by many as the successor to Mahmoud Abbas
- Palestinian leaders are not offering their people a better life, prosperity, security and stability. Instead, the leaders are urging Palestinians to continue hating Israel and the United States. They are urging Arab countries not to make peace with Israel; they consider normalization with Israel an act of treason.
- A cartoon published on Fatah’s official Facebook this week depicts “Palestine” as a single entity, the exact shape of Israel.
- These messages demonstrate, with no room for doubt, that any talk about resuming a peace process between Israel and the Palestinians is one thing only: a colossal fraud. Palestinian leaders will never return to the negotiating table when they are pushing their people, day after day, to ensure that more Israeli blood runs in the street. The Palestinians make it clear that their true intention is to carry a rifle and see Israel removed from the map.
- Read full article at Gatestone.