(August 22, 2019 / JNS) Two rockets have been fired at Israel in the past 24 hours from the Gaza Strip.
The first was on Wednesday evening, with the Israeli Air Force retaliating by striking Hamas naval targets in northern Gaza; the second was launched early Thursday morning. The rockets each landed in an open field. No injuries or damage has been reported.
Six rockets have been launched from Gaza towards southern Israel within the last week.
The Israel Defense Forces has blamed the Iranian-backed Palestinian Islamic Jihad group for the recent spate of violence from the Gaza Strip.
“We do not plan to accept terror attacks and rocket fire against our citizens,” the IDF’s Arabic-language spokesperson said.
Israel holds Hamas, which controls the Gaza Strip, responsible for any rocket attack from the territory, even ones carried out by other groups.
“Hamas, as the ruler of the Strip, must enforce its authority over Islamic Jihad and prevent these terror attacks and plots,” said Adraee.
JNS works around the clock to provide high-quality, pro-Israel content. We’ve taken numerous steps to improve the quality, quantity, and distribution of our content for even greater impact. We intend to keep on growing, and to do that we need your help.
Please help us take pro-Israel journalism to the next level with a tax-deductible sponsorship, either on a one-time or recurring monthly basis. Jewish News Syndicate is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization.