(April 2, 2019 / Gatestone Institute)
- International journalists based in the Middle East seem to care precious little about the hundreds of thousands of Palestinians in Lebanon, who, for several decades now, have been protesting the apartheid and discrimination practiced by an Arab country.
- As a result of these laws, the conditions of Palestinians in Lebanon have worsened to a point where 65 percent of them live below the poverty line, according to a report by Al Jazeera.
- The Arab and Western silence towards the plight of the Palestinians in Lebanon achieves one thing alone: aggravating Palestinian agony. Yet the only evil the Arab leaders and the international community see is the supposed evil that they link to Israel.
- Estimates of the size of the Palestinian population in Lebanon ranged from 260,000 to 400,000 in 2011. Human Rights Watch estimated 300,000 as of 2011. UNRWA’s count was 450,000 as of 2014 and has not updated this figure since.
- Read the full article at Gatestone.