Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

Israeli strike kills Palestinian Islamic Jihad spokesman

Naji Abu Saif, known as “Abu Hamza,” was killed in a strike on a residential home in central Gaza, the terror group said.

Abu Hamza, the chief propagandist for the Palestinian Islamic Jihad terror group, holds a press conference in Gaza City, March 26, 2010. Photo by Mohammed Abed/AFP via Getty Images.
Abu Hamza, the chief propagandist for the Palestinian Islamic Jihad terror group, holds a press conference in Gaza City, March 26, 2010. Photo by Mohammed Abed/AFP via Getty Images.

Palestinian Islamic Jihad, the Iranian terror subsidiary in the Gaza Strip, confirmed on Tuesday evening “with great pride and honor” that its spokesman Naji Abu Saif, known as “Abu Hamza,” was killed in Israeli strike that day.

The terror group referred in the post on its Telegram channel to the spokesman’s death as a “martyrdom.”

Earlier on Tuesday, sources within the terrorist group told Reuters and Arab news outlets that Abu Hamza had been killed in an Israeli Air Force strike on a residential home in Nuseirat in the central Gaza Strip.

The IDF announced early on Tuesday morning that it launched “extensive” strikes against terror targets in Gaza. The Israeli Prime Minister’s Office said the military was acting after Hamas rebuffed several proposals from U.S. Mideast envoy Steve Witkoff and others.

“Israel will, from now on, act against Hamas with increasing military strength,” said Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office. The goal of the campaign remains to achieve “the objectives of the war as they have been determined by the political echelon, including the release of all of our hostages, the living and the deceased,” it added.

Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorists participated in the Hamas-led Oct. 7, 2023, cross-border massacre in southern Israel, in which 1,200 people, mostly Jewish Israeli civilians, were murdered, thousands more were wounded and 251 were kidnapped back to the Gaza Strip as hostages.

Ziad Nakhaleh, the leader of Palestinian Islamic Jihad, claimed on Oct. 8, 2023 that the terror group was holding at least 30 of the Israeli hostages kidnapped to the enclave.

See more from JNS Staff
David Greenfield, CEO of Met Council, told JNS that the video “has strained relationships with a lot of us in the leadership, who have tried to work in good faith with the administration.”
U.S. President Donald Trump, who sought to unseat Cassidy, stated that “his disloyalty to the man who got him elected is now a part of legend, and it’s nice to see that his political career is over.”
A 31-year-old man of Moroccan descent ran over 7 people and stabbed another in a suspected terror attack near Milan.
“This is a strategic move designed to ensure Israel’s technological superiority, accelerate development in the field of AI, and maintain Israel’s position in the first line of world powers,” according to the Prime Minister’s Office.
“There are certainly many possibilities; we are prepared for any scenario,” the premier said.
The weekend statement from the Foreign Ministry comes six months after Jerusalem and the South American nation restored full diplomatic relations.