Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

Gallant: Israel will cut off Iran’s hands ‘wherever they are’

Gallant spoke near the Malachei Shalom outpost in Samaria, where Binyamin Achimeir, 14, was found murdered over the weekend.

Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant attends a state ceremony for fallen Israeli soldiers whose burial place is unknown at Mount Herzl Military Cemetery in Jerusalem, March 17, 2024. Photo by Chaim Goldberg/Flash90.
Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant attends a state ceremony for fallen Israeli soldiers whose burial place is unknown at Mount Herzl Military Cemetery in Jerusalem, March 17, 2024. Photo by Chaim Goldberg/Flash90.

Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant vowed to fight Iran’s ongoing attempts to foment violence in the Jewish state during a visit to the Binyamin region of southern Samaria on Wednesday.

“Also here in Judea and Samaria, Iran’s tentacles are trying to bring about terror attacks. Smuggling of weapons, explosives, squads, money, intelligence—all to harm Israeli citizens,” said the defense minister.

“It starts in Tehran, reaching Beirut, Damascus, Judea and Samaria and Gaza. Iran’s wicked hand can be seen everywhere,” he continued, vowing to “cut off these cruel hands wherever they are.”

Gallant spoke after a situational assessment with senior Israel Defense Forces officials near the Malachei Shalom outpost in Samaria, where Binyamin Achimeir, 14, was found murdered over the weekend.

Achimeir’s body was found on Saturday after he went missing 24 hours earlier while shepherding livestock from Gal Farm, located close to the Arab village of al-Mughayyir, 17 miles northeast of Ramallah.

Israeli forces continue to search for his killers, and Gallant on Wednesday pledged to “find the murderers and bring them to justice.”

Judea and Samaria saw a dramatic rise in terrorist attacks in 2023 compared to the previous year, with shootings reaching the highest level since the Second Intifada of 2000-2005, according to Israeli military data.

The violence has continued to escalate since Hamas started a war with its murderous rampage across the northwestern Negev last year. Since Oct. 7, at least nine Israelis have been murdered in Judea and Samaria.

As the IDF fights Hamas in Gaza, Tehran continues to instigate terror in Judea and Samaria by flooding the area with weapons, The New York Times reported last week, citing U.S., Israeli and Iranian officials.

The majority of the weapons smuggled into Judea and Samaria are small arms and assault rifles, analysts said. However, the U.S. and Israeli officials said that the Islamic Republic is also smuggling in advanced weaponry, including anti-tank missiles and rocket-propelled grenades.

The man was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital, and a bystander was hit in the gunfire, the agency said.
“The Trumbull Republican Town Committee owes every Trumbull citizen an apology,” the town’s chief elected official stated.
The high-security prison has since removed the offensive images, according to a report from the U.S. Department of Justice’s office of the inspector general.
Muhammad Anas Sial now also faces a count of ‘wilful promotion of hatred” in connection with an incident in mid-March.
“Tulsi has done an incredible job, and we will miss her,” U.S. President Donald Trump said.
“Final aspects and details of the deal are currently being discussed,” the president said. “In addition to many other elements of the agreement, the Strait of Hormuz will be opened.”