(July 20, 2022 / JNS) A 22-year-old Israeli tourist visiting Colombia died earlier this week after suffering from an allergic reaction after eating dairy food at a cafe in the capital of Bogotá.
The man was rushed to a hospital, but the medical staff were unable to save his life. He passed away overnight between Sunday and Monday, reported Israeli media.
Originally from Jerusalem, he was apparently allergic to milk, the byproducts of which were in a dish he ate.
The Israeli consulate in Bogotá has been in touch with the man’s family and friends who were traveling with him. He was on a trip abroad after completing his army service.
His coffin is expected to arrive on Thursday in Israel, where he will be buried.
Jewish News Syndicate
With geographic, political and social divides growing wider, high-quality reporting and informed analysis are more important than ever to keep people connected.
Our ability to cover the most important issues in Israel and throughout the Jewish world—without the standard media bias—depends on the support of committed readers.
If you appreciate the value of our news service and recognize how JNS stands out among the competition, please click on the link and make a one-time or monthly contribution.
We appreciate your support.