Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

South African Zionist Federation condemns government silence on murder of South African citizen by Hamas gunman

Eliyahu David Kay, a Jewish South African national who emigrated to Israel, was murdered in an act of terrorism in Jerusalem by a Palestinian gunman affiliated with Hamas. Yet as of Monday there had been no message of condolence to the family of the deceased, nor any public condemnation of this attack, from the South African government.

It has been over 24 hours since Eliyahu David Kay, a Jewish South African national who emigrated to Israel, was murdered in an act of terrorism in Jerusalem by a Palestinian gunman affiliated with Hamas. The South African Zionist Federation (SAZF) condemns the deafening silence from the South African government and the Department of International Relations and Cooperation (DIRCO) on this issue. There has been no message of condolence to the family of the deceased, nor any public condemnation of this attack. DIRCO has in the past issued statements against terrorist attacks in the City of Jerusalem, and it is appropriate for them to do so now in respect of a South African national.

Hamas is an extremist organization, as recently confirmed by the United Kingdom which designated Hamas as a terrorist organization and has outlawed support for the group. This antisemitic and anti-Israel hate group gladly claimed responsibility for the killing of an innocent civilian and injuring others as the gunman opened fire in the Old City of Jerusalem.

We call on the South African government to publicly condemn this heinous incident and to offer support and assistance to the family of the deceased.

Rolene Marks

Spokesperson

South African Zionist Federation

About & contact the publisher
“We decided that it was time for a rigorous narrative review of what we called anatomy of antisemitism in the health professions, not just medicine but across-the-board,” one of the authors of a new paper told JNS.
The facility, which is under construction, will include viewing booths for victims and their families to watch the proceedings.
“And hopefully filling in some of the tunnels as well in the next 60 to 90 days,” the Trump administration envoy said.
According to the party, 76,068 members voted, a turnout of 53%.