Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

Iran fires 15 missiles across Israel in small barrages

The attacks triggered widespread sirens; no casualties reported, but a southern power facility was hit.

Iran Missiles
People run to take cover in a protection room by the roadside of Highway 90 as an alarm is sounded warning of incoming ballistic missiles fired from Iran into Israel. June 23, 2025. Photo by Ayal Margolin/Flash90.

Air-raid sirens sounded across Israel for more than 30 minutes on Monday morning as Iran launched several ballistic missile barrages, totaling around 15 missiles.

The Israel Defense Forces identified four volleys, each consisting of several missiles.

Five impact sites were reported, with no initial reports of casualties according to Magen David Adom spokesperson Zaki Heller.

An impact was reported in an open area near Safed in the Upper Galilee, where fire crews were working to extinguish the resulting blaze. An impact was also reported in Ashdod, in an open area off a highway.

The Israel Electric Corporation reported that a “strategic facility” in the south was hit, causing disruptions in the local power supply. Energy and Infrastructure Minister Eli Cohen said that some 8,000 people were without electricity and that power would shortly be restored.

The company later updated that power has been restored for all affected customers.

Sirens pealed from the border with Lebanon to the border with Gaza and across central Israel during the attack.

Following a brief lull, Iran fired another salvo at northern Israel. MDA reported no calls regarding impacts or casualties.

The Israeli Air Force began heavy strikes on regime targets in Tehran shortly after the morning barrages.

Iranian missile launched at central Israel intercepted

A single Iranian missile launched at central Israel was intercepted overnight Sunday.

Millions were awakened just after 3 a.m. as air-raid sirens sounded across the Tel Aviv area and the center of the country.

The Magen David Adom emergency service reported that there were no impacts or casualties, “except for cases of anxiety and people who were injured on their way to a protected area.”

Approximately two and a half hours later, the Israel Defense Forces said that a drone had been intercepted before crossing the border in the Eilat area, and therefore it did not trigger alerts, in accordance with protocol.

According to Israel Defense Forces data posted on Saturday, since the start of “Operation Rising Lion” on June 13, the Iranian regime has launched more than 950 missiles and drones at Israeli civilians, resulting in 24 deaths, 1,217 injuries and 8,190 people being evacuated from their homes. There have been 25,040 incidents related to buildings and 5,629 incidents related to cars and other property.

See more from JNS Staff
“May this day of faith and renewal bring peace, hope, and strength,” the Foreign Ministry wrote.
The country’s foreign minister called on the E.U. to also adopt sanctions against Itamar Ben-Gvir.
Israel’s premier said the Jewish state would maintain operational freedom, including in Lebanon, as Trump vowed no Iran deal without dismantling its nuclear program and removing enriched uranium.
“I am relieved that President Trump, the best friend Israel has ever had in the White House, is safe,” said the Israeli premier.
Jerusalem compiled thousands of names of terrorists tied to the massacre and has been bringing them to justice worldwide ever since, ‘The Wall Street Journal’ reports.
Emergency teams found the pair unconscious and without vital signs near the severely damaged fuselage and began advanced CPR at the scene.