Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

Huckabee praises Soroka staff after Iranian missile strike

The U.S. ambassador to Israel met with the hospital’s director general and listened to staff recount their life saving actions during the attack.

U.S. Ambassador Mike Huckabee with Soroka Director General Prof. Shlomi Codish at the missile strike site, Soroka Medical Center, Beersheba, Israel, June 26, 2025. Photo by David Azagury, U.S. Embassy Jerusalem.
U.S. Ambassador Mike Huckabee with Soroka Director General Prof. Shlomi Codish at the missile strike site, Soroka Medical Center, Beersheba, Israel, June 26, 2025. Photo by David Azagury, U.S. Embassy Jerusalem.

U.S. Ambassador to Israel Mike Huckabee visited Beersheva’s Soroka Medical Center on Thursday, commending the staff for their courage after the hospital was struck by an Iranian missile on June 19.

Huckabee met with the hospital’s director general, professor Shlomi Codish, and heard firsthand accounts of the staff’s life saving actions during the attack.

Huckabee called the visit “deeply moving” and the accounts “testaments to the resilient spirit of Israel and its people.”

Soroka, the largest hospital in southern Israel, sustained significant damage when a missile hit its surgical wing during a broader Iranian assault. Fortunately, most patients had been moved to shelters beforehand, preventing mass casualties, though more than 70 people had to be treated for injury or shock.

Despite the damage, Soroka’s staff continued to provide emergency care.

The Israeli government condemned the attack as a violation of international law.

See more from JNS Staff
David Greenfield, CEO of Met Council, told JNS that the video “has strained relationships with a lot of us in the leadership, who have tried to work in good faith with the administration.”
U.S. President Donald Trump, who sought to unseat Cassidy, stated that “his disloyalty to the man who got him elected is now a part of legend, and it’s nice to see that his political career is over.”
A 31-year-old man of Moroccan descent ran over 7 people and stabbed another in a suspected terror attack near Milan.
“This is a strategic move designed to ensure Israel’s technological superiority, accelerate development in the field of AI, and maintain Israel’s position in the first line of world powers,” according to the Prime Minister’s Office.
“There are certainly many possibilities; we are prepared for any scenario,” the premier said.
The weekend statement from the Foreign Ministry comes six months after Jerusalem and the South American nation restored full diplomatic relations.