Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

Israel kills Hezbollah terrorist in Southern Lebanon

Muhammad Ali Yassin worked to rehabilitate the Iranian-backed terror group’s capabilities in violation of the ceasefire, according to the IDF.

Lebanon Border
The Israeli border with Lebanon. Aug. 3, 2025. Photo by Ayal Margolin/Flash90.

The Israel Defense Forces on Sunday eliminated a Hezbollah terrorist involved in weapons development and production in Southern Lebanon’s Nabatieh area.

Muhammad Ali Yassin was working to rebuild the Iranian-backed terror group’s capabilities in “violation of the understanding between Israel and Lebanon,” the IDF said, referring to the November 2024 ceasefire.

“The IDF will continue to operate to remove any threat posed to the State of Israel,” the military added.

On Friday night, the IDF killed a Hezbollah operative in the Aitaroun area of Southern Lebanon, about a mile and a half from Israel’s border, according to a separate military statement.

“The terrorist took part in Hezbollah’s attempts to rehabilitate its military capabilities in Southern Lebanon,” the IDF said.

On Thursday, the Israeli military struck a Hezbollah “strategic weapons” site in Lebanon’s Beqaa Valley. Hezbollah infrastructure in the area of Zrariyeh in the southern Sidon District was also attacked.

The IDF also confirmed late last week that it had carried out an airstrike in the Ain Baal area, near Tyre in Southern Lebanon, killing Wasim Saeed Jaba’i, a senior operative in the Imam Hossein Division of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps who was also active within Hezbollah.

The situation in Lebanon remains volatile following the end of the truce with Beirut on Feb. 18. The deal took effect on Nov. 27, 2024, ending more than a year of war, after Hezbollah began attacks on the Jewish state a day after the Hamas-led massacre on Oct. 7, 2023.

Although Jerusalem has withdrawn most of its ground forces since the war ended, it still controls five strategic positions in Southern Lebanon. Israeli officials have stated that the IDF will retain control of these areas until the Lebanese army demonstrates it can maintain security there.

Lebanese Foreign Minister Youssef Raggi said last week that the country’s armed forces will have fully disarmed Hezbollah in Southern Lebanon within three months.

See more from JNS Staff
Heritage Minister Amichai Eliyahu said: “After years in which sites were neglected or looted, Israel is making historical corrections.”
Using this phrase against Israel is no less absurd than labeling sport-hooliganism and violence at mass demonstrations in the West as officially sponsored, government-sanctioned violence.
“Nearly eight years after the shooting, our gratitude and admiration for the heroic bravery and selfless dedication of the first responders that day endures,” said U.S. Attorney Troy Rivetti.
Yitzhak Ben-Hebron escaped Arab riots as a child and later returned to rebuild the Jewish community in the city.
Army Maj. Gen. Jasper Jeffers III said that future conflicts will require allied special operations forces to integrate quickly and operate with compatible systems.
“The strength and resilience you and your families demonstrate throughout the recovery and rehabilitation process inspire the entire nation of Israel,” the IDF chief said.