Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

Netanyahu slams ‘barbaric’ terror attack in Manchester

“Weakness in the face of terrorism only brings more terrorism,” said the Israeli premier.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hosts then-U.K. Foreign Secretary David Lammy in Jerusalem, July 14, 2024. Credit: U.K. Foreign Office.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hosts then-U.K. Foreign Secretary David Lammy in Jerusalem, July 14, 2024. Credit: U.K. Foreign Office.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday night slammed the “barbaric” attack on a synagogue in Manchester, England, and intimated that his counterpart Keir Starmer’s “weakness” breeds terrorism.

“Israel grieves with the Jewish community in the U.K. after the barbaric terror attack in Manchester. Our hearts are with the families of the murdered, and we pray for the swift recovery of the wounded,” said Netanyahu.

“As I warned at the U.N.: Weakness in the face of terrorism only brings more terrorism. Only strength and unity can defeat it,” he added.

Starmer last month recognized a Palestinian state, a move that Jerusalem condemned as rewarding terrorism in the aftermath of the Hamas-led Oct. 7, 2023, massacre.

Israeli Foreign Minister Gideon Sa’ar on Thursday also slammed the terrorist attack on Yom Kippur. He called on the British government to combat “rampant antisemitic and anti-Israeli incitement.”

“My deepest condolences go to the families who have lost their loved ones, and I wish a swift and full recovery to the injured,” tweeted Sa’ar, who expressed solidarity with the Jewish community in Britain, noting that it is facing a “horrific wave” of Jew-hatred.

“The truth must be told: Blatant and rampant antisemitic and anti-Israeli incitement, as well as calls of support for terror, have recently become a widespread phenomenon in the streets of London, in cities across Britain, and on its campuses,” continued Sa’ar.

“The authorities in Britain have failed to take the necessary action to curb this toxic wave of antisemitism and have effectively allowed it to persist,” he added, while urging more than just words from Starmer’s government.

“We expect and demand a change of course, effective action and enforcement against the rampant antisemitic and anti-Israeli incitement in Britain,” said Sa’ar.

See more from JNS Staff
David Greenfield, CEO of Met Council, told JNS that the video “has strained relationships with a lot of us in the leadership, who have tried to work in good faith with the administration.”
U.S. President Donald Trump, who sought to unseat Cassidy, stated that “his disloyalty to the man who got him elected is now a part of legend, and it’s nice to see that his political career is over.”
A 31-year-old man of Moroccan descent ran over 7 people and stabbed another in a suspected terror attack near Milan.
“This is a strategic move designed to ensure Israel’s technological superiority, accelerate development in the field of AI, and maintain Israel’s position in the first line of world powers,” according to the Prime Minister’s Office.
“There are certainly many possibilities; we are prepared for any scenario,” the premier said.
The weekend statement from the Foreign Ministry comes six months after Jerusalem and the South American nation restored full diplomatic relations.