Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

Witkoff, Kushner postpone Jerusalem trip

The visit would have been the first by senior U.S. officials to Israel since the Feb. 28 launch of “Operation Roaring Lion/Epic Fury” against Iran.

U.S. Middle East Envoy Steve Witkoff speaks to reporters flanked by U.S. Vice President JD Vance and Jared Kushner in Kiryat Gat, Israel, on Oct. 21, 2025. Photo by Chaim Goldberg/Flash90.
U.S. Middle East Envoy Steve Witkoff speaks to reporters flanked by U.S. Vice President JD Vance and Jared Kushner in Kiryat Gat, Israel, on Oct. 21, 2025. Photo by Chaim Goldberg/Flash90.

U.S. Middle East Envoy Steve Witkoff and senior White House adviser Jared Kushner are no longer expected to meet Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Jerusalem on Tuesday, Axios reported.

An Israeli official told the outlet that the visit had been postponed.

The visit would have been the first by senior U.S. officials to Israel since the Feb. 28 launch of “Operation Roaring Lion/Epic Fury,” the joint military campaign against the Islamic Republic.

During a visit to an Israeli Air Force base on Thursday, Netanyahu highlighted the “historic” cooperation with Washington.

“I would like to again thank my friend President Trump for the cooperation between us,” said the premier. “Together we will move forward, and together we will achieve our goals, with God’s help.”

Witkoff, one of the two U.S. officials who led the negotiations with Iran, said last week that Iranian negotiators boasted about their ability to produce 11 nuclear bombs.

“Both the Iranian negotiators said to us directly with, you know, no shame, that they controlled 460 kilograms [1,014 pounds] of 60% [enriched uranium] and they’re aware that that could make 11 nuclear bombs, and that was the beginning of their negotiating stance,” Witkoff revealed on March 2.

Witkoff and Kushner spoke with Iranian negotiators in Switzerland days before the U.S. and Israel launched their joint military operation.

The Iranians “were proud of it, they were proud that they had evaded all sorts of oversight protocols to get to a place where they could deliver 11 nuclear bombs,” Witkoff said in the interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity.

David Greenfield, CEO of Met Council, told JNS that the video “has strained relationships with a lot of us in the leadership, who have tried to work in good faith with the administration.”
U.S. President Donald Trump, who sought to unseat Cassidy, stated that “his disloyalty to the man who got him elected is now a part of legend, and it’s nice to see that his political career is over.”
A 31-year-old man of Moroccan descent ran over 7 people and stabbed another in a suspected terror attack near Milan.
“This is a strategic move designed to ensure Israel’s technological superiority, accelerate development in the field of AI, and maintain Israel’s position in the first line of world powers,” according to the Prime Minister’s Office.
“There are certainly many possibilities; we are prepared for any scenario,” the premier said.
The weekend statement from the Foreign Ministry comes six months after Jerusalem and the South American nation restored full diplomatic relations.