Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

IAF strikes 75 terror targets in Gaza in 24 hours

IDF troops killed dozens of terrorists and destroyed approximately 200 targets during an ongoing operation in the Khan Yunis area.

IDF troops operate in the Gaza Strip as part of a campaign targeting Hamas infrastructure and terrorist positions, May 2025. Credit: IDF.
IDF troops operate in the Gaza Strip as part of a campaign targeting Hamas infrastructure and terrorist positions, May 2025. Credit: IDF.

The Israeli Air Force attacked more than 75 enemy targets across the Gaza Strip in the past 24 hours, the military said on Friday morning.

Among the targets were terrorist cells, rocket launchers, command and control centers, weapons storage facilities, and additional infrastructure.

Over the past day, IDF troops killed several terrorists in Gaza while striking Hamas compounds, weapons sites and sniper posts.

The military announced Thursday that troops were working to establish operational control and dismantle terrorist infrastructure in the Khan Yunis area of southern Gaza.

As part of the ongoing operation, IDF troops killed dozens of terrorists—some in close-quarters combat—and destroyed approximately 200 targets, including observation posts, tunnel shafts and underground routes used by terrorist groups in the Strip.

Hundreds of airstrikes have been carried out so far, targeting armed operatives, weapons stockpiles and key infrastructure.

The IDF said it will continue operations in the Gaza Strip as part of its mission to protect Israeli civilians from terrorists.

Earlier on Thursday, the military issued an urgent evacuation order to civilians in northern Gaza, instructing residents of Beit Lahia, Jabalia and surrounding neighborhoods to move south immediately as it expands “Operation Gideon’s Chariots” against terrorist infrastructure.

“Operation Gideon’s Chariots,” launched on May 16, is a wide-scale IDF campaign targeting the last Hamas and Islamic Jihad strongholds.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday reiterated that the campaign in Gaza is aimed at establishing lasting security control throughout the entire Strip.

He further stated that the war would continue until Hamas is disarmed and its leadership is exiled from Gaza.

The prime minister also linked the ongoing campaign to post-war planning, referencing a U.S.-backed framework to relocate Gazans abroad.

“We [will] implement [President] Trump’s plan, it is a good plan and makes a difference, and it means something very simple, that the residents of Gaza who want to leave can leave,” Netanyahu said.

David Greenfield, CEO of Met Council, told JNS that the video “has strained relationships with a lot of us in the leadership, who have tried to work in good faith with the administration.”
U.S. President Donald Trump, who sought to unseat Cassidy, stated that “his disloyalty to the man who got him elected is now a part of legend, and it’s nice to see that his political career is over.”
A 31-year-old man of Moroccan descent ran over 7 people and stabbed another in a suspected terror attack near Milan.
“This is a strategic move designed to ensure Israel’s technological superiority, accelerate development in the field of AI, and maintain Israel’s position in the first line of world powers,” according to the Prime Minister’s Office.
“There are certainly many possibilities; we are prepared for any scenario,” the premier said.
The weekend statement from the Foreign Ministry comes six months after Jerusalem and the South American nation restored full diplomatic relations.