Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

Israeli security forces arrest 11 terror suspects in multiple raids

Backup has also been deployed along gaps in the security barrier.

The Jerusalem security barrier, Feb. 2, 2020. Photo by Olivier Fitoussi/Flash90.
The Jerusalem security barrier, Feb. 2, 2020. Photo by Olivier Fitoussi/Flash90.

The Israel Defense Forces, the Israel Security Agency (Shin Bet) and Israel’s Border Police undercover units launched multiple counter-terror raids across Judea and Samaria, arresting 11 Palestinian suspects, the military announced on Tuesday.

Raids occurred in the Palestinian villages of Qabatiya near Jenin; Bruqin in Samaria; Hableh, which is near Qalqiya; and Talfit near Nablus.

Security forces transferred the suspects to the Shin Bet for further questioning, said the IDF, adding that there were no injuries among Israeli personnel.

On Monday, the Shin Bet announced that it also had broken up an attempt by a “Palestinian Islamic Jihad cell in Gaza to set up a terror infrastructure in Judea and Samaria in order to conduct attacks on Israeli civilians.” Seven terror suspects are due to be charged with severe security offenses, said the Shin Bet.

Earlier this month, security forces focused their activities on the Jenin area, after two terrorists infiltrated Israel from there and conducted deadly terror attacks in Tel Aviv on April 7 and Bnei Brak on March 28. Those operations regularly encountered gun and bomb attacks, leading to exchanges of fire.

Backup military forces have also been deployed along gaps in the seamline security barrier.

On April 10, Israel’s Security Cabinet approved a 360 million shekel ($112 million) plan to extend the security barrier by 40 kilometers and close some of the gaps in the fence, according to a statement from the Prime Minister’s Office.

Days earlier, a Jewish security group warned police about a heightened security risk at the Chanukah event.
The prominent Jewish Democrat says she will use her “seniority and clout” in a district that has long elected Black representatives.
The first such legal move on behalf of a Palestinian against the terror group at the International Criminal Court has gone unanswered since December.
A 25-year-old faces hate crime charges after two Jewish men were attacked near a Hendon shul.
“I do think perhaps there is the possibility that in the next few hours the world will get some good news,” Washington’s top diplomat said.
A Shavuot benefit at Jerusalem’s Tower of David raised funds for HaGal Sheli’s surfing-based rehabilitation programs.