Despite the latest barrage of rockets being launched by Hamas against Israel, the State Department said on Tuesday that it should not affect the highly anticipated rollout of the peace plan between Israel and the Palestinians.

When asked by JNS if the rocket attacks will affect the peace plan, department spokesperson Heather Nauert replied, “Not to my knowledge. I think it makes it more urgent” that the plan be released and implemented.

“When you see [rocket attacks], that’s the case for peace right there,” she added.

Briefing reporters at the State Department on Tuesday, Nauert reaffirmed the State Department’s support on Monday for Israel’s right to exist.

“We condemn in the strongest terms the rocket, missile and mortar attacks that are taking place from Gaza into Israel,” she said. “We call for the sustained halt of those attacks. We stand with Israel as Israel defends itself against these attacks. It is simply unacceptable to target civilians.”

A senior Israeli official indicated that an Egyptian-mediated ceasefire has been reached between Israel and Hamas, and other Gaza terrorist groups, amid the latter launching more than 400 rockets into Israel since Monday.

Some 27 people have so far been injured in the violence, with one Palestinian worker in Ashkelon killed.

However, apparently four top ministers are opposed to the reported ceasefire: Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman, Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked, Environmental Protection Minister Ze’ev Elkin and Education Minister Naftali Bennett.