Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

IDF hits Hamas engineering vehicles used on Oct. 7

The strike targeted 40 vehicles used to breach the border and aid the attack, according to the military.

Palestinians drive an Israeli tractor that was seized after crossing the border fence with Israel from Khan Yunis in the southern Gaza Strip on Oct. 7, 2023. Photo by Said Khatib/AFP via Getty Images.
Palestinians drive an Israeli tractor that was seized after crossing the border fence with Israel from Khan Yunis in the southern Gaza Strip on Oct. 7, 2023. Photo by Said Khatib/AFP via Getty Images.

The Israel Defense Forces, in cooperation with the Israel Security Agency (Shin Bet), carried out a targeted strike overnight Monday on approximately 40 Hamas engineering vehicles in the Gaza Strip.

According to military officials, the vehicles were used in terror-related activities, including during the Oct. 7, 2023 massacre in southern Israel.

The vehicles were reportedly instrumental in breaching border barriers, planting explosives and facilitating the movement of armed terrorists into Israeli territory. Hamas’s engineering division also used the equipment to construct makeshift bridges and clear rubble to uncover hidden weaponry.

According to the IDF, many of the vehicles targeted were used by Hamas to enable dozens of border infiltrations on Oct. 7. During the massacre, Hamas terrorists launched a large-scale invasion, killing over 1,200 people and abducting 251. Some of the equipment targeted had been used to bypass Israel’s defensive obstacles and deliver operatives deep into Israeli communities.

The attack is part of Israel’s broader campaign to dismantle Hamas’s terror infrastructure following the Oct. 7 atrocities. As of late March, Israeli forces had already destroyed more than 100 Hamas pickup trucks used for transporting fighters and weapons, according to earlier IDF and Shin Bet reports.

The IDF stated that these engineering assets are a critical component of Hamas’s operational capabilities, and that eliminating them is essential to prevent future attacks.

“Israel will continue to act against terrorist elements in the Gaza Strip in order to neutralize any threat to the citizens of Israel,” the IDF said.

See more from JNS Staff
David Greenfield, CEO of Met Council, told JNS that the video “has strained relationships with a lot of us in the leadership, who have tried to work in good faith with the administration.”
U.S. President Donald Trump, who sought to unseat Cassidy, stated that “his disloyalty to the man who got him elected is now a part of legend, and it’s nice to see that his political career is over.”
A 31-year-old man of Moroccan descent ran over 7 people and stabbed another in a suspected terror attack near Milan.
“This is a strategic move designed to ensure Israel’s technological superiority, accelerate development in the field of AI, and maintain Israel’s position in the first line of world powers,” according to the Prime Minister’s Office.
“There are certainly many possibilities; we are prepared for any scenario,” the premier said.
The weekend statement from the Foreign Ministry comes six months after Jerusalem and the South American nation restored full diplomatic relations.