Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

Katz: ‘Either there will be no drones, or there will be no Hezbollah’

“I suggest that the successor of Nasrallah’s successor not make a mistake,” the Israeli defense minister said.

Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz visits the northern border on Dec. 3, 2024. Photo by Elad Malka/Israel Defense Ministry.
Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz visits the northern border on Dec. 3, 2024. Photo by Elad Malka/Israel Defense Ministry.

Defense Minister Israel Katz warned Hezbollah to halt its violations of the ceasefire deal or risk its continued existence.

“I would like to send a clear message to Hezbollah and the Lebanese government,” the minister said in remarks published by his office following a visit to Israel Defense Forces troops serving in Southern Lebanon.

“Israel will not tolerate drone attacks from Lebanon,” Katz declared. “Either there will be no drones, or there will be no Hezbollah.

“I suggest that the successor of [slain Hezbollah chief Hassan] Nasrallah’s successor not make a mistake about Israel’s determination, lest he pay a very heavy price,” he warned.

According to Katz, Jerusalem will not allow a return to the reality of before the Hamas-led Oct. 7, 2023, terrorist massacre. “We will foil threats and respond with full force,” the defense minister said.

On Jan. 30, Hezbollah dispatched a surveillance drone into Israel, marking the first time since the ceasefire went into effect on Nov. 27 that the terrorist group sent an unmanned aerial vehicle toward the airspace of the Jewish state.

“The Hezbollah reconnaissance drone that made its way into Israeli territory yesterday and was intercepted by the [Israeli] Air Force constitutes a violation of the understandings between Israel and Lebanon,” the military said in a statement the following day.

IAF fighter jets attacked Hezbollah targets in Lebanon’s Bekaa Valley, including an underground weapons site, in response, the IDF said.

On Jan. 27, Katz warned the Hezbollah and Hamas terrorist groups in Lebanon and the Gaza Strip, respectively, not to test Israel’s resolve.

“Anyone who violates the rules or threatens IDF forces will bear the full price. We will not allow a return to the reality of Oct. 7,” the defense minister said.

Also last month, Katz warned that the ceasefire deal with Beirut would be void if Hezbollah refused to withdraw from Southern Lebanon in accordance with the terms of the agreement.

On Dec. 20, the defense minister said the Israeli military would “crush Hezbollah’s head” if the Iran-backed terrorist group violated the ceasefire agreement.

Israeli singer says the national unity he felt during the contest in Vienna made his “soul come back home.”
The Israel Defense Forces said troops of the 769th Brigade, backed by the air force, carried out the operation at sites in Southern Lebanon.
Border Police officers arrested the suspect, 17, during an operation near Bethlehem.
Supporters say the legislation expands Israel’s legal framework in the area, citing years of damage to archaeological sites and enforcement failures under the Palestinian Authority.
The ship closest to the Strip was said to be traveling 121 nautical miles (139 miles) from the enclave.
The Lebanese president said his country had already suffered the consequences of past conflicts.