Rocket alerts blared around 9 p.m. Thursday in three kibbutzim situated near Gaza: Kissufim, Ein Hashlosha and Nirim.

Three rockets launched fell short and landed in the Gaza Strip and were the first since “Operation Breaking Dawn” on August 5-7, when terrorists fired approximately 1,100 rockets towards Israel.

Residents said they heard explosions, though no one was harmed.

Palestinian Islamic Jihad took responsibility for the attack, saying it came in response to the Israel Defense Forces’ killing of a senior member of its armed wing, the Al-Quds Brigades, in Jenin in Samaria earlier in the day.

The IDF confirmed that rockets were indeed fired and said the attacks were under investigation.

This is a developing story.

JNS

Support
Jewish News Syndicate


With geographic, political and social divides growing wider, high-quality reporting and informed analysis are more important than ever to keep people connected.

Our ability to cover the most important issues in Israel and throughout the Jewish world—without the standard media bias—depends on the support of committed readers.

If you appreciate the value of our news service and recognize how JNS stands out among the competition, please click on the link and make a one-time or monthly contribution.

We appreciate your support.