Chanukah officially begins at nightfall on December 18, followed by eight days and nights of traditional activities until December 26. Often called the Festival of Lights, Chanukah has become one of the most beloved and joyous of Jewish holidays, typically celebrated with a series of rituals including lighting the menorah, spinning the dreidel, singing celebratory songs, exchanging gifts and enjoying delicious Hanukkah recipes that remind us of the oil that burned for eight days at the temple in Jerusalem. (Think golden-brown potato latkes and delicious fried sweet treats).
For many families today, no Chanukah celebration is complete without the beloved bags of chocolate coins known as Chanukah gelt.
This year, Manischewitz is transporting traditional Chanukah Gelt into the twenty-first century with the introduction of CryptoGelt – Chanukah Coins for the New Ages! Like the cryptocurrencies that have taken over the digital economy, Manischewitz® CryptoGelt is sure to be the talk of every dreidel game this Chanukah season and beyond. The brand-new CryptoGelt joins Manischewitz’s popular Chanukah line, featuring the Manischewitz Ugly Sweater Chanukah Sugar Cookie Kit; Ready to Decorate Pre-Baked Sugar Cookie Kit, Chanukah House Cookie Kit; and Donut Making Kit, along with timeless favorites like Manischewitz Gluten-Free Potato Pancake Mix, Tuscanini® Extra Virgin Olive Oil which are all essential in celebrating the Miracle of Chanukah. Also new to the winter line-up are the Tuscanini Chestnuts sure to warm anyone’s heart this holiday season.
KAYCO also continues its support of Masbia Food Kitchen donating a portion of its profits and food to provide hot, nutritious meals for hundreds of New Yorkers who are food compromised.
New to the Shelves for the Holidays:
- The newest and trendiest additions to Manischewitz’s line of Chanukah products, CryptoGelt Chocolate Chanukah Coins are posed to be the hottest gelt on the market this Chanukah season. And fear not– unlike traditional cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin and Ethereum, which are completely digital, usually without physical form– Manischewitz CryptoGelt is made from the tastiest Milk Chocolate you’ll ever lay your hands on, in packaging that mirrors the most well-known logos of popular cryptocurrency. Wrapped in gold, Manischewitz CryptoGelt can be easily identified by their resemblance to real gold coins, with a stylized ‘M’ (for Manischewitz, of course!) with vertical strokes from the dollar sign incorporated above and below to exude a visual nod to the dollar sign. The CryptoGelt is sold in a package of 36 bags with an estimated SRP: $9.99-$12.99. It is also sold in individual bags with 4 coins per bag at SRP of $2.00 to $3.00 per bag.
- Another new product to stock up on this festive season is Tuscanini Italian Chestnuts: a surefire way to celebrate winter. When the fall air chills into winter, there’s nothing quite like delicious chestnuts roasting on the open fire! With Tuscanini Italian Chestnuts, enjoy the highest quality, superior tasting chestnuts from Campania, and rest assured, they’re certified kosher. Enjoyable as a delightful snack on their own or used as an ingredient in both savory & sweet dishes. Estimated SRP: $3.99.
Holiday Favorites and Staples:
- As for the Manischewitz Ugly Sweater Chanukah Sugar Cookie Kit, this fun and creative offering has everything you and your family need to create the Ugliest Sweaters yet! The kit includes sugar cookie mix; traditional yellow and blue color powders; Chanukah sprinkle mix; three piping bags and a sweater cookie cutter. All you need is your sense of humor and creativity. All you need is your sense of humor and creativity. The packages make 8 to 10 Ugly Sweater Cookies to share, gift or ‘just eat.’ They are available at an SRP of $8.99.
- For just plain fun and good eating, make a Chanukah Party around the Manischewitz Ready to Decorate Pre-Baked Sugar Cookie Kit. For an activity anywhere in the house, this kit includes 12 pre-baked sugar cookies shaped in all the festive ornaments of the season including Stars of David, Dreidels, Wine Glasses, and Menorahs. The package is complete with blue and silver glitter crystals; royal icing mix; blue and yellow color powders and three piping bags. Your kids, friends, and family can show their Chanukah creativity, snacking all along the way. The package is complete with blue and silver glitter crystals; royal icing mix; blue and yellow color powders and three piping bags. Your kids, friends and family can show their Chanukah creativity, snacking all along the way. The package yields 12 Chanukah Sugar Cookies at an SRP of $9.99.
- Manischewitz Chanukah House Cookie Kit: Celebrate Chanukah and create a new family tradition with the extremely popular Manischewitz’s Do-It-Yourself Chanukah House Cookie decorating kit. This ‘Kool” kit includes everything you need to make a beautiful, edible sculpture: 4 icing colors, sprinkles, mini beads, six-point star & menorah sugar decorations, and sanding sugar. Estimated SRP: $9.99.
- Manischewitz Donut Mix Kit: The tradition of eating sufganiyot or jelly donuts is easier than ever with Manischewitz’s DonutMix Kit, which includes blue and white sprinkles and powdered sugar. Estimated SRP: $6.99.
- Manischewitz Gluten-Free Potato Pancake Mix: Grain-free (and certified gluten-free) potato pancakes (also known as Latkes) are the traditional favorite for Chanukah. Crispy and delicious, they make the perfect side dish or party dish. Ours have no artificial colors of flavors, and no added msg…we can’t promise these fried treats are guilt-free, but they’re certainly the wholesome choice. The only question you’ll have is “sour cream or apple sauce?” Estimated SRP: $3.99.
- Tuscanini Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Olive oil has a special place at the Chanukah table, symbolizing the miracle at the Temple of Jerusalem. Harvested and cold-pressed from the finest groves in Italy to bring you the perfect complement to your cookery, Tuscanini Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a necessity in your kitchen throughout Chanukah and year-round. Use this top-notch EVOO to fry latkes, bake sufganiyot, and all your family’s favorite Chanukah delights! Best showcased raw: in dipping oils, on salads or vegetables, or drizzled onto pasta for that restaurant-worthy finish. Estimated SRP: $14.99.
“Manischewitz has been the comfort food for the soul for over 133 years and it’s become part of many family’s cultures,” says Shani Seidman, CMO of Kayco Kosher Food Brands. “These new and popular products are the perfect, inclusive way for families to share experiences that last a lifetime. They also make for delicious desserts and great gifts!“
“While the holidays are plentiful and fun for most families, there are many who are not as fortunate,” says Talia Sabag, Associate Marketing Manager of Kayco Kosher Food Brands. “For that reason, we are proud to continue our support of Masbia Food Kitchen and we hope others will join in that support.”
While you’re at it this holiday season, be sure to visit Kosher.com, the premier site for Kosher and authentic Jewish cooking and conversation, the number one destination for all things regarding Jewish and Kosher food. The site features top-quality kosher recipes by award-winning chefs, interesting articles and helpful cooking tips, addictively delicious and entertaining cooking videos, and everything necessary to make unforgettable meals. New cooking shows and content are updated regularly to coincide with holidays like Chanukah. Kosher.com is geared toward everyone, including those who are Jewish, those who want to keep kosher, as well as anyone interested in Jewish Food.
KAYCO is one of the largest producers and distributors of kosher foods and beverages. Brands under the Kayco Kosher Umbrella include Gefen; Heaven & Earth; Manischewitz; and Tuscanini, to name a few.
About Masbia Food Kitchen
Masbia Food Kitchen is a nonprofit soup kitchen network and food pantry, every day providing hot, nutritious meals for hundreds of New Yorkers in desperate need of food. Alongside their hot-meal program, they also give out bags of much-needed groceries every week to those without enough at home, through their weekend take-home package program. Masbia works to not only feed the hungry, but to provide free, wholesome, and delicious meals for people in a restaurant-style environment, with volunteer waiters serving each person with respect and dignity.
Masbia is grassroots, hand-to-mouth organization where every dollar donated makes it into someone’s stomach in less than two weeks. Everything that is done at Masbia is done only because tens of thousands of people come together and share resources to make it happen.
Learn More At: https://www.masbia.org/
The Manischewitz Company has been making traditional Jewish foods since Rabbi Dov Behr Manischewitz first opened a small matzo bakery in Cincinnati, OH in the late 1800s. For more than 130 years, the company’s goal has been to provide quality kosher products that bring families together and celebrate the traditions of Jewish heritage. Today, Manischewitz sells hundreds of delicious products to communities across the globe. We continue to provide foods made from simple ingredients that help create family memories in the kitchen. Today, Manischewitz is part of the Kayco family of brands, offering one of the largest assortments of kosher foods and beverages. For more information, visit https://manischewitz.com/.
To learn more about Manischewitz, visit: manischewitz.com/our-story/.
Tuscanini offers authentic made-in-Italy foods with the highest quality ingredients for a real taste of Italy, enjoyed in the comfort of your own home. Sauces, jams, and condiments bring an unmistakably authentic Italian flavor to whatever dishes you’re preparing. Frozen pizzas topped with fresh julienned cheese are fired in a genuine brick wood-fired oven for flavorful meals anytime. Parchment crackers and gourmet potato chips make elegant snacks. Tuscanini foods truly stimulate the palate like no other. http://www.tuscaninifoods.com/
Products are available at leading supermarket and retail chains nationwide, including ACME, Shaw’s, select Albertson’s, Shop Rite, Wegman’s, Stop & Shop, Kroger stores, and online outlets including Amazon.