Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

‘NY Post’ editorial board: ‘What’s up with Hochul’s CUNY antisemitism probe?’

“When will New Yorkers get some answers? Maybe before commencement season,” says the editorial.

City College of New York (CUNY)
Shepard Hall, a Gothic revival masterpiece from 1907 designed by George Browne Post, at City College of New York, part of the City University of New York (CUNY) system. Credit: John Penney/Shutterstock.

Four months after New York Gov. Kathy Hochul, a Democrat, announced that Jonathan Lippman, a former chief judge in the state, will investigate Jew-hatred at the City University of New York, there has yet to be a report. But “at least some CUNY schools are taking some steps to crack down on the hate,” according to the New York Post editorial board.

“When will New Yorkers get some answers? Maybe before commencement season,” the paper stated.

Lippman is reviewing all 25 of CUNY’s campuses, per the Post, which noted that the president of CUNY Graduate Center stepped down in December.

Last week, CUNY removed a panel on “Globalizing the Intifada! Mapping Struggles for Palestine Between the Streets and Our Classrooms” that was to be part of a Feb. 16 conference on “Engagement, Equity and Antiracism,” but days later, because of a backlash, canceled the conference altogether.

The paper predicts that Lippman will be “worse-than-useless” and said that CUNY should act now to make its campuses safer for Jews. “CUNY can always incorporate any useful findings or ideas he offers whenever he finally shares them,” it said.

David Greenfield, CEO of Met Council, told JNS that the video “has strained relationships with a lot of us in the leadership, who have tried to work in good faith with the administration.”
U.S. President Donald Trump, who sought to unseat Cassidy, stated that “his disloyalty to the man who got him elected is now a part of legend, and it’s nice to see that his political career is over.”
A 31-year-old man of Moroccan descent ran over 7 people and stabbed another in a suspected terror attack near Milan.
“This is a strategic move designed to ensure Israel’s technological superiority, accelerate development in the field of AI, and maintain Israel’s position in the first line of world powers,” according to the Prime Minister’s Office.
“There are certainly many possibilities; we are prepared for any scenario,” the premier said.
The weekend statement from the Foreign Ministry comes six months after Jerusalem and the South American nation restored full diplomatic relations.