Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

107 entrepreneurs apply to Israeli Tourism Ministry to establish new hotels

According to ministry figures, the pandemic disrupted growing tourism rates, which peaked in 2019 with more than 4.5 million visitors.

Tel Aviv, April 20, 2022. Photo by Matanya Tausig/Flash90.
Tel Aviv, April 20, 2022. Photo by Matanya Tausig/Flash90.

Israel’s Tourism Ministry said last week that it had received 107 applications for grants to build new hotels or expand existing ones.

The ministry received 70 building permit applications, 22 building restoration applications and 15 applications by companies to implement existing building permits, the ministry said in a statement. This year’s grant budget was NIS 165 million ($50 million), according to the ministry.

Investors are “optimistic” about the rehabilitation of the country’s tourism industry in the wake of the global COVID-19 pandemic, the ministry said in a statement.

According to ministry figures, the coronavirus crisis disrupted growing tourism rates, which peaked in 2019 with more than 4.5 million visitors to the country. The industry’s annual contribution to the national economy in 2019 stood at around 40 billion shekels ($12 billion), according to the ministry.

“The Israel Ministry of Tourism continues to invest vast efforts in increasing incoming tourism traffic to Israel and shortening the amount of time it takes to build hotels. This will inject billions of shekels into the state coffers,” said Israeli Tourism Minister Yoel Razvozov.

The ship closest to the Strip was said to be traveling 121 nautical miles (139 miles) from the enclave.
Supporters say the legislation expands Israel’s legal framework in the area, citing years of damage to archaeological sites and enforcement failures under the Palestinian Authority.
The Lebanese president said his country had already suffered the consequences of past conflicts.
Israel’s military said that forces eliminated a Hamas terrorist who crossed the ceasefire line and posed an immediate threat to soldiers.
Six men attacked 22-year-old Shalev Ben Yakar outside a Golders Green hotel after hearing him speak Hebrew on the phone, he told British media and police.
Washington launched the maritime operation on April 13.