Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

COGAT chief: Hamas steals baby formula from UNICEF trucks in Gaza

“Hamas proves time and again that it has no interest in the well-being of the residents of the Gaza Strip,” Maj. Gen. Ghasan Alyan posted on X.

Palestinian terrorists sit on trucks carrying aid near the Zikim Crossing between Israel and Beit Lahia in the northern Gaza Strip, June 25, 2025. Photo by Ali Qariqa/Flash90.
Palestinian terrorists sit on trucks carrying aid near the Zikim Crossing between Israel and Beit Lahia in the northern Gaza Strip, June 25, 2025. Photo by Ali Qariqa/Flash90.

Hamas terrorists commandeered four UNICEF trucks carrying infant formula in Gaza City last week, robbing aid at gunpoint and depriving 2,700 babies of food, according to Israeli and United Nations sources.

The trucks, which were set to distribute formula for free, were seized just outside UNICEF’s compound. COGAT, Israel’s Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories, said the incident exposed once again Hamas’s exploitation of Gaza’s civilians.

“Hamas proves time and again that it has no interest in the well-being of the residents of the Gaza Strip, but only in its terrorist motives,” COGAT head Maj. Gen. Ghasan Alyan posted on X. “Even as the State of Israel works together with the U.N. and international organizations to expand the scope of humanitarian aid, Hamas is desperate to thwart this, thereby once again abandoning the residents it claims to represent and enslaving them to ensure its survival. I strongly condemn the attack on U.N. workers by Hamas.”

Alyan added that Israel “will not allow Hamas to once again create false narratives of a crisis in the Gaza Strip, and we will continue to expose its cruelty.”

UNICEF, in its initial statement, referred to the assailants only as “armed individuals,” avoiding the direct identification of Hamas. Israeli officials slammed the wording, stressing that the perpetrators were clearly Hamas terrorists.

“This is the truth: Hamas does not safeguard the people of Gaza,” COGAT stated. “It exploits them, abandons them and even steals from their children.”

Mohammad Baqer Saad Dawood Al-Saadi “directed and urged others to attack U.S. and Israeli interests and to kill Americans and Jews in the U.S. and abroad,” the Justice Department said.
One caller, who invoked Tucker Carlson, told Rep. Jared Moskowitz, a Florida Democrat, that “you’re the Hitler.”
“There will be ups and downs, but the potential for success is great,” wrote Yechiel Leiter, the Israeli envoy in Washington.
“I don’t want to quit. I’m not a quitter,” Steve Cohen said. “But these districts were drawn to beat me. They were drawn to defeat me.”
Federal prosecutors allege Elias Rodriguez carried out a premeditated terrorist attack motivated by “political, ideological, national and religious bias, contempt and hatred.”
“We shouldn’t host the relatives of people who attack our country,” said Sen. Tom Cotton.