Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

IDF strikes Hezbollah HQ in Southern Lebanon

The terror organization continues to “rehabilitate its terrorist infrastructure, while endangering Lebanon’s civilians and using them as human shields,” the IDF said.

Israeli Air Force fighter jets. Credit: Israeli Defense Ministry Spokesperson’s Office.
Israeli Air Force fighter jets. Credit: Israeli Defense Ministry Spokesperson’s Office.

The Israel Defense Forces on Monday night struck a Hezbollah headquarters in the Nabatieh area of Southern Lebanon.

The military said the facility’s presence “violates the understandings between Israel and Lebanon,” referring to the Nov. 27, 2024 ceasefire agreement that ended over a year of fighting between the IDF and Hezbollah.

“Hezbollah continues attempts to rehabilitate its terrorist infrastructure, while endangering Lebanon’s civilians and using them as human shields,” the military said.

On Monday, the IDF eliminated a Hezbollah terrorist in the area of Yater, located in Southern Lebanon, some two miles from the border.

“The terrorist operated to rehabilitate Hezbollah terrorist infrastructure sites in Southern Lebanon,” the IDF said, noting that the activity was “in blatant violation of the understanding between Israel and Lebanon.”

The IDF on Sunday eliminated a Hezbollah terrorist involved in weapons development and production in the Nabatieh region. According to the military, Muhammad Ali Yassin was working to rebuild the Iranian-backed terror group’s capabilities in Southern Lebanon.

On Friday, the IDF struck a Hezbollah operative in the Aitaroun area of Southern Lebanon, about a mile and a half from Israel’s border. A day earlier, the Israeli military hit a Hezbollah “strategic weapons” site in Lebanon’s Beqaa Valley. Terror infrastructure in the area of Zrariyeh in the southern Sidon District was also attacked.

The situation in Lebanon remains volatile following the end of the truce with Beirut on Feb. 18. Hezbollah began attacks on the Jewish state a day after the Hamas-led massacre on Oct. 7, 2023.

Although Jerusalem has withdrawn most of its ground forces since the war ended, it still controls five strategic positions in Southern Lebanon. Israeli officials have stated that the IDF will retain control of these areas until the Lebanese army demonstrates it can maintain security there.

Lebanese Foreign Minister Youssef Raggi said last week that the country’s armed forces will have fully disarmed Hezbollah in Southern Lebanon within three months.

See more from JNS Staff
Using this phrase against Israel is no less absurd than labeling sport-hooliganism and violence at mass demonstrations in the West as officially sponsored, government-sanctioned violence.
“Nearly eight years after the shooting, our gratitude and admiration for the heroic bravery and selfless dedication of the first responders that day endures,” said U.S. Attorney Troy Rivetti.
Yitzhak Ben-Hebron escaped Arab riots as a child and later returned to rebuild the Jewish community in the city.
Army Maj. Gen. Jasper Jeffers III said that future conflicts will require allied special operations forces to integrate quickly and operate with compatible systems.
“The strength and resilience you and your families demonstrate throughout the recovery and rehabilitation process inspire the entire nation of Israel,” the IDF chief said.
“The Alumot Unit will work to make artificial intelligence capabilities accessible to the fighters at the operational edge.”