Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

US hosted ‘secret meeting’ of Arab and Israeli delegates to discuss Iran threat

The meeting, held in Sharm el-Sheikh in March, brought together top military officers from Israel, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Egypt and Jordan, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Egyptian and Israeli officials attend an economic conference in Sharm el-Sheikh, Eygpt, in March 2021. Credit: Israeli Intelligence Ministry.
Egyptian and Israeli officials attend an economic conference in Sharm el-Sheikh, Eygpt, in March 2021. Credit: Israeli Intelligence Ministry.

The United States held a secret meeting of senior military officials from Israel and Arab states in March to discuss ways of coordinating efforts to deal with growing Iranian missile and drone threats, The Wall Street Journal reported on Sunday.

“The previously undisclosed talks, which were held at Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt, marked the first time that such a range of ranking Israeli and Arab officers have met under U.S. military auspices to discuss how to defend against a common threat,” said the report.

Participating in the meeting were senior officers from Israel, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Egypt and Jordan, the report stated, citing U.S. and regional officials.

The United States was represented by Gen. Frank McKenzie, who was the head of U.S. Central Command at the time.

Last week, NBC reported that Jordan’s King Abdullah II had expressed support for the formation of a Middle Eastern military alliance similar to NATO.

Mohammad Baqer Saad Dawood Al-Saadi “directed and urged others to attack U.S. and Israeli interests and to kill Americans and Jews in the U.S. and abroad,” the Justice Department said.
One caller, who invoked Tucker Carlson, told Rep. Jared Moskowitz, a Florida Democrat, that “you’re the Hitler.”
“There will be ups and downs, but the potential for success is great,” wrote Yechiel Leiter, the Israeli envoy in Washington.
“I don’t want to quit. I’m not a quitter,” Steve Cohen said. “But these districts were drawn to beat me. They were drawn to defeat me.”
Federal prosecutors allege Elias Rodriguez carried out a premeditated terrorist attack motivated by “political, ideological, national and religious bias, contempt and hatred.”
“We shouldn’t host the relatives of people who attack our country,” said Sen. Tom Cotton.