Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

Early applications to Harvard down 17%

Interest in the Ivy League school is at a four-year low as it is “embroiled in a national row over how U.S. colleges are handling incidents of antisemitism,” Bloomberg reported.

Harvard University
Entrance gate and east facade of Sever Hall at Harvard University in Cambridge, Mass. Credit: Roman Babakin/Shutterstock.

The veritas at Harvard University is that 17% fewer applicants are expressing early, exclusive interest in the more than 385-year-old Ivy League institution.

The drop in early applications, which is at a four-year low, per Bloomberg, comes “as Harvard has become embroiled in a national row over how U.S. colleges are handling incidents of antisemitism in the wake of Hamas’s Oct. 7 attacks on Israel and Israel’s subsequent military action in Gaza,” per the publication.

Harvard announced that it accepted 692 early applicants out of 7,921. Those who apply early haven’t committed to accepting admission, but they signal to a school that it is at least a strong preference. Last year, 9,553 people applied early, per Harvard.

Aly Beaumont, who owns the Admissions Village college coaching company, told CNN that two “top students” dropped Harvard from their list of schools to which to apply for regular decision “after the school’s handling of events on campus following Oct. 7.”

At the University of Pennsylvania—another Ivy whose embattled president resigned after testifying at a House hearing that it wouldn’t necessarily violate the university’s policies to call for genocide against Jews—early applications are reportedly up from 8,000 last year to 8,500 this fall.

David Greenfield, CEO of Met Council, told JNS that the video “has strained relationships with a lot of us in the leadership, who have tried to work in good faith with the administration.”
U.S. President Donald Trump, who sought to unseat Cassidy, stated that “his disloyalty to the man who got him elected is now a part of legend, and it’s nice to see that his political career is over.”
A 31-year-old man of Moroccan descent ran over 7 people and stabbed another in a suspected terror attack near Milan.
“This is a strategic move designed to ensure Israel’s technological superiority, accelerate development in the field of AI, and maintain Israel’s position in the first line of world powers,” according to the Prime Minister’s Office.
“There are certainly many possibilities; we are prepared for any scenario,” the premier said.
The weekend statement from the Foreign Ministry comes six months after Jerusalem and the South American nation restored full diplomatic relations.