(March 20, 2022 / JNS) The head of Lebanon’s Hezbollah terrorist group has denied reports that the group is sending fighters to Ukraine to battle alongside Russian forces, according to Reuters.
“No one from Hezbollah, neither a fighter nor an expert, went to this arena or any of the arenas of these wars,” said Nasrallah, according to the report.
Russian state media reported last weekend that recruitment offices had been opened across Syria, and that many Syrian soldiers and militia fighters had already volunteered. According to the report, the two countries have an agreement allowing active-duty Syrian soldiers to fight in Ukraine.
At a meeting of Russia’s Security Council on March 11, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu told President Vladimir Putin that there were 16,000 volunteers “from the Middle East” prepared to join Russian forces in eastern Ukraine, according to Reuters.
Jewish News Syndicate
With geographic, political and social divides growing wider, high-quality reporting and informed analysis are more important than ever to keep people connected.
Our ability to cover the most important issues in Israel and throughout the Jewish world—without the standard media bias—depends on the support of committed readers.
If you appreciate the value of our news service and recognize how JNS stands out among the competition, please click on the link and make a one-time or monthly contribution.
We appreciate your support.