Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

Top Iranian official vows ‘shocking’ response to any Israeli attack

Responding to reports that Israel has allocated $1.5 billion for a possible Iran strike, the Secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council warns any attack will cost Israel “tens of trillions.”

Rear Adm. Ali Shamkhani, head of Iran's Supreme National Security Council and a leading adviser to Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, was one of those killed in the Israeli strikes. Credit: Tehran Times.
Rear Adm. Ali Shamkhani, head of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council and a leading adviser to Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, was one of those killed in the Israeli strikes. Credit: Tehran Times.

The secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council said on Sunday that Iran’s response to any Israeli attack would be “shocking” and cost the Jewish state “tens of thousands of billions.”

“Instead of allocating 1.5 billion dollars budget for atrocities against #Iran, the Zionist regime should focus on providing tens of thousands of billion dollars funding to repair the damage that is going to be caused by Iran’s shocking response,” tweeted Ali Shamkhani.

He posted the message on his Twitter account in English, Hebrew, Arabic and Farsi.

Shamkhani was responding to reports last week that Israel has approved $1.5 billion for a possible attack on Iran’s nuclear program.

Israel’s Channel 12 reported last Monday that Israel had allocated that sum for a potential Iran strike, 3 billion shekels ($935 million) of which was allocated to the current defense budget and 2 billion shekels ($623 million) to next year’s.

“The budget also includes financing aircraft of various types, as well as gathering intelligence such as satellites, and dedicated and unique armament that would enable this attack,” the report stated.

Heritage Minister Amichai Eliyahu said: “After years in which sites were neglected or looted, Israel is making historical corrections.”
Using this phrase against Israel is no less absurd than labeling sport-hooliganism and violence at mass demonstrations in the West as officially sponsored, government-sanctioned violence.
“Nearly eight years after the shooting, our gratitude and admiration for the heroic bravery and selfless dedication of the first responders that day endures,” said U.S. Attorney Troy Rivetti.
Yitzhak Ben-Hebron escaped Arab riots as a child and later returned to rebuild the Jewish community in the city.
Army Maj. Gen. Jasper Jeffers III said that future conflicts will require allied special operations forces to integrate quickly and operate with compatible systems.
“The strength and resilience you and your families demonstrate throughout the recovery and rehabilitation process inspire the entire nation of Israel,” the IDF chief said.