Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

‘New York Times’ editor apologizes for anti-Semitic tweets back in 2010

“I have deleted tweets from a decade ago that are offensive. I am deeply sorry,” posted politics editor Tom Wright-Piersanti on his Twitter page, which is currently private.

The New York Times building in New York City. Credit: Serge Attal/Flash90.
The New York Times building in New York City. Credit: Serge Attal/Flash90.

A New York Times editor apologized on Thursday for prior anti-Semitic tweets, following a report earlier in the day from Breitbart.

“I have deleted tweets from a decade ago that are offensive. I am deeply sorry,” posted politics editor Tom Wright-Piersanti on his Twitter page, which is currently private.

He reportedly tweeted in 2010, “I was going to say ‘Crappy Jew Year,’ but one of my resolutions is to be less anti-Semitic. So… HAPPY Jew Year. You Jews.”

The previous year, in response to a picture of a vehicle with a Hanukkah menorah attached to a roof, commonly seen during holiday time, he tweeted, “Who called the Jew-police?”

The Zionist Organization of America has called for Wright-Piersanti’s termination and for the outlet “to conduct an internal editorial review of every piece of content that Wright-Piersanti has been involved in publishing during his five plus years with the Times, for anti-Semitic bias, and to take all necessary corrective actions regarding that content.”

The president condemned violence “by a lawless mob in Judea and Samaria,” prompting criticism from the national security minister.
Days earlier, a Jewish security group warned police about a heightened security risk at the Chanukah event.
The prominent Jewish Democrat says she will use her “seniority and clout” in a district that has long elected Black representatives.
The first such legal move on behalf of a Palestinian against the terror group at the International Criminal Court has gone unanswered since December.
A 25-year-old faces hate crime charges after two Jewish men were attacked near a Hendon shul.
“I do think perhaps there is the possibility that in the next few hours the world will get some good news,” Washington’s top diplomat said.