Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

Airbnb condemns BDS, but is reportedly not reversing its ban in Judea, Samaria

Earlier on Monday, Israel’s Minister of Tourism Yariv Levin, who met with a delegation of officials from the online hospitality service in Jerusalem, claimed that the company would not enact a ban.

Airbnb logo. Credit: Screenshot.
Airbnb logo. Credit: Screenshot.

Airbnb has denied earlier reports that it has reversed its decision to blacklist properties in Judea and Samaria.

Earlier on Monday, Israel’s Minister of Tourism Yariv Levin, who met with a delegation of officials from the online hospitality service in Jerusalem, claimed that the company would not enact the ban that it had announced last month, and which has received a significant backlash in the United States and elsewhere.

“Airbnb has informed us that its decision not to list homes in the West Bank will not be enacted,” Levin said in a statement, adding that it is an “important step in the right direction.”

However, Airbnb later said in a statement that the “reports issued earlier today are inaccurate.”

“Airbnb expressed its unequivocal rejection of the BDS movement and communicated its commitment to develop its business in Israel, enabling more tourists from around the world to enjoy the wonders of the country and its people,” the company told JNS in a statement. “We are here to meet with a variety of stakeholders, and as a result of our meetings, have an even deeper understanding that this is an incredibly complex and emotional issue.”

“Airbnb communicated that we are developing the tools needed to implement our policy and that process includes continuing our dialogue with the Government of Israel and other stakeholders,” they added.

One person reportedly sustained light injuries in the vehicular assault.
“They came with a lot of pride—look how they look now,” said Israel’s National Security Minister.
Oscar-winning filmmaker László Nemes said his Holocaust films would likely be ignored in today’s “shameless orgy of antisemitism.”
“Your humiliation will be recorded in history,” IRGC Commander Brig.-Gen. Ahmad Vahidi warned the United States.
The Association of International Development Agencies had filed the petition after refusing to provide Israel with a required list of their local employees for security screening.