Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

Ye takes Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes to Mar-A-Lago to meet Donald Trump

The rapper who has been engulfed in an antisemitism scandal claimed that the former president was “very impressed” with Fuentes.

Kanye West
Kanye (“Ye” ) West. Photo by Jason Persse via Wikimedia Commons.

Ye, formally known as Kanye West, took Holocaust denier and white supremacist Nick Fuentes to the Mar-A-Lago resort to meet with former President Donald Trump earlier this week.

Just when Ye’s far-right heel turn seemed like it couldn’t get any more pronounced, the rap legend is now associating himself with a white nationalist and Holocaust denier, Fuentes.

The 24-year-old Fuentes has emerged as one of the leading figures of the far-right movement for his incendiary views on women, Jewish people, the LGBTQ+ community and other minorities. Notably, he openly praises Hitler, believes that the Holocaust was a hoax and is opposed to women’s right to vote. He was also present for the “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Va., in August 2017, and spoke at a “Stop the Steal” rally in Washington, D.C., on the day of the January 6 Capitol riots.

In a video released Thursday on Twitter, Ye mentions his trip with Fuentes, during which he asked Trump to be his running mate for the 2024 presidential election.

“Trump was really impressed with Nick Fuentes,” Ye, who has been engulfed in an antisemitism scandal, says in the video.

The meeting went south, according to Ye, after Trump insulted Ye’s ex-wife Kim Kardashian.

Ye added that Trump started “screaming” at him, saying that the rapper wouldn’t win a presidential election.

Trump’s 2024 presidential campaign released a statement published by Breitbart, saying, “Kanye West very much wanted to visit Mar-a-Lago. Our dinner meeting was intended to be Kanye and me only, but he arrived with a guest (Fuentes) whom I had never met and knew nothing about.”

Chayim Frenkel told JNS that “it’s a whole brand new sound system, brand new room, but it’s still my KI.”
“In many ways, speaking openly about faith can actually feel more natural outside of Washington,” Arielle Roth, administrator of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration, told JNS.
“I firmly believe that acknowledging any one people’s pain does not preclude you from the acknowledgment of another people’s,” the New York City mayor said.
“The worst thing about J Street is it’s duplicitous,” Yechiel Leiter, the Israeli envoy in Washington, said at a National Task Force to Combat Antisemitism event at Museum of the Bible on Monday.
Authorities say about 100 fliers containing antisemitic imagery and language were thrown from a vehicle onto residential streets early Saturday, prompting increased patrols in the area.
“Hatred directed against one faith community is a threat to every faith community,” the World Jewish Congress stated after authorities responded to reported gunfire and casualties at the Clairemont center.