Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

IDF soldier wounded in Samaria shooting attack

Terrorists opened fire on Israelis assembled outside Nablus to demand the government take stronger action against the upsurge in attacks.

Samaria Regional Council Chairman Yossi Dagan (right) and other civilians take cover during a Palestinian shooting attack near Nablus, Oct. 2, 2022. Credit: Samaria Regional Council.
Samaria Regional Council Chairman Yossi Dagan (right) and other civilians take cover during a Palestinian shooting attack near Nablus, Oct. 2, 2022. Credit: Samaria Regional Council.

Gunmen attacked Israeli civilians and IDF soldiers near the city of Nablus on Sunday evening.

The soldiers fired back and then began a hunt for the terrorists.

One soldier was lightly wounded in the leg, between the Itamar community and the Samaria Brigade’s headquarters, and airlifted to a hospital. The soldier’s family has been notified.

The civilians had assembled outside the Palestinian Authority-administered city to demand that the government take harsher action against terrorists in Samaria, who have been increasingly active of late. The terrorists attacked just as the protest was coming to an end and people were leaving the area.

Earlier on Sunday, an Israeli civilian was wounded near Itamar, also near Nablus. An assailant or assailants opened fire at vehicles traveling in the area, hitting a bus and a car and lightly wounding the driver of the latter, the Israel Defense Forces said.

The president condemned violence “by a lawless mob in Judea and Samaria,” prompting criticism from the national security minister.
Days earlier, a Jewish security group warned police about a heightened security risk at the Chanukah event.
The prominent Jewish Democrat says she will use her “seniority and clout” in a district that has long elected Black representatives.
The first such legal move on behalf of a Palestinian against the terror group at the International Criminal Court has gone unanswered since December.
A 25-year-old faces hate crime charges after two Jewish men were attacked near a Hendon shul.
“I do think perhaps there is the possibility that in the next few hours the world will get some good news,” Washington’s top diplomat said.