Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

Trump administration: No movement on Mideast peace plan before Israeli elections

“We have decided that we will not be releasing the peace vision (or parts of it) prior to the Israeli election,” tweeted U.S. Mideast special envoy Jason Greenblatt.

Palestinian demonstrators protest against U.S. President Donald Trump's Middle East peace plan, and the "Peace to Prosperity" conference in Bahrain, in the West Bank city of Nablus on June 25, 2019. Photo by Hassan Jedi/Flash90.
Palestinian demonstrators protest against U.S. President Donald Trump’s Middle East peace plan, and the “Peace to Prosperity” conference in Bahrain, in the West Bank city of Nablus on June 25, 2019. Photo by Hassan Jedi/Flash90.

The Trump administration officially stated that it will not release any part of its Mideast peace plan to help resolve issues associated with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict prior to Israel’s Sept. 17 national elections.

“We have decided that we will not be releasing the peace vision (or parts of it) prior to the Israeli election,” tweeted U.S. Mideast special envoy Jason Greenblatt on Wednesday.

U.S. President Donald Trump said last week that the second part of the White House’s long-awaited Mideast peace plan, dealing with the political components, will likely be released after the Israeli elections.

The first part of the peace deal was rolled out at a summit in Bahrain in June and focused on the economic component, consisting of a 40-page document detailing a $50 billion, 10-year investment plan for the Palestinian Authority, Jordan, Egypt and Lebanon.

The Palestinian Authority and others boycotted the event.

Heritage Minister Amichai Eliyahu said: “After years in which sites were neglected or looted, Israel is making historical corrections.”
Using this phrase against Israel is no less absurd than labeling sport-hooliganism and violence at mass demonstrations in the West as officially sponsored, government-sanctioned violence.
“Nearly eight years after the shooting, our gratitude and admiration for the heroic bravery and selfless dedication of the first responders that day endures,” said U.S. Attorney Troy Rivetti.
Yitzhak Ben-Hebron escaped Arab riots as a child and later returned to rebuild the Jewish community in the city.
Army Maj. Gen. Jasper Jeffers III said that future conflicts will require allied special operations forces to integrate quickly and operate with compatible systems.
“The strength and resilience you and your families demonstrate throughout the recovery and rehabilitation process inspire the entire nation of Israel,” the IDF chief said.