Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

Israeli imagery firm upholds Iran in final stages before release of satellites into orbit

Such a launch would violate U.N. Security Council Resolution 2231, which adopted the 2015 Iran nuclear deal, pronounced U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

An Iranian ballistic-missile test in October 2015. Credit: Mohammad Agah via Wikimedia Commons.
An Iranian ballistic-missile test in October 2015. Credit: Mohammad Agah via Wikimedia Commons.

Iran has been conducting its last preparations before releasing a satellite into orbit from the Imam Khomenei Spaceport in northern Iran, an Israeli satellite-intelligence firm said Monday, citing fresh photographic evidence of the area.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani announced earlier this month that the regime would be launching two satellites into space “using our domestically made rockets” within the coming weeks.

ImageSat International, an Israeli satellite-intelligence firm, said that the planned launch is imminent: “ISI satellite-imagery reveals that the launch preparation process is in its final stages.”

Israel and United States are concerned about Iran using its space initiative to advance its ballistic-missile program.

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo warned weeks ago about the Islamic Republic activating space-launch vehicles, which officials and experts contend is a cover for the regime’s ballistic-missile ambitions.

Pompeo said that such a launch would violate U.N. Security Council Resolution 2231, which adopted the 2015 Iran nuclear deal. “It calls upon the Iranian regime not to undertake any activity related to ballistic-missiles capable of delivering nuclear weapons,” he said.

“This action includes launching SLVs, which incorporate technology that is virtually identical to that used in ballistic missiles, including in intercontinental ballistic-missiles [ICBMs],” he continued. “An ICBM with a range of 10,000 kilometers could reach the United States.”

“The United States has continuously cautioned that ballistic missile and SLV launches by the Iranian regime have a destabilizing effect on the region and beyond,” he added. “France, Germany, the United Kingdom and many nations from around the world have also expressed deep concern.”

The U.N. special rapporteur, who has a history of spreading Jew-hatred, was properly served by two Christian charities, who allege that she defamed them, according to a district court in Colorado.
The GOP hopeful for the governor’s mansion called his Democratic opponents answers about whether Israel is guilty of committing genocide “shocking.”
Regavim-led visit points to sewage, dumping and construction encroaching on Area C, kilometers from Jewish state’s population centers.
The Lausanne Project aims to build a generation that is proud of its identity and deeply connected to Jewish values and Israel.
Wael Mahmoud Abd al-Halim died in a precision overnight strike in Baalbek, the IDF said.
The incursion was said to be the fourth within 24 hours and the 14th since the Bashan Pioneers group was founded.