Release / The Lawfare Project
Protest systemic Jew-hatred in education THIS SUNDAY in LA
The Lawfare Project is a proud partner of the End Jew Hatred movement. Together, we are fighting systemic Jew-hatred in education.
(March 3, 2021, Los Angeles, CA, JNS Wire)
Our partner organizations on the ground in LA include Club Z and Yad Yamin.
Our co-sponsors include:
- Almost Jewish
- Atlanta Israel Coalition
- Artists 4 Israel
- Be Counted 4 Israel
- Black and Jewish Unity
- Canadian Anti-Semitism Education Foundation (CAEF)
- Endowment for Middle East Truth (EMET)
- Herut North America
- Institute for Black Solidarity with Israel
- Israel’s Legal Rights
- Jews Against Antisemitism Canada
- Michigan Jewish Action Council
- Proclaiming Justice to the Nations
- Scholars for Peace in the Middle East (SPME)
- Shield of David
- Simon Wiesenthal Center
- Zionist Organization of America
If ethnic studies is to be taught in schools, we need a better curriculum. But, more importantly, we need to draw a line in the sand and secure an end to systemic Jew-hatred in education.
|We demand that the California State Board of Education:
- Require the Ethnic Studies Model Curriculum to include the full Jewish experience as a targeted minority in America and remove hate.
- Train teachers and administrators about systemic Jew-hatred in education and how to dismantle it.
- Implement mandatory study of the Holocaust and the expulsion of Jews from the Middle East and North Africa for years K-12, and of systemic discrimination against the Jewish community in America.
- Investigate why blatant Jew-hatred was included in the initial drafts and mandate these drafts not be used.
Jews have been persecuted for centuries. Our experience as a community in America has been marred by exclusion, discrimination, and violence. Our community has suffered as an ethnic group for racist reasons. We deserve a curriculum that reflects our unique experience and journey.
It took three drafts to get the Ethnic Studies Model Curriculum to a version that is still inadequate. It took three drafts to scrub the most disgusting Jew-hatred from the curriculum.
Is that a victory? Or is it a troubling sign of how firmly established systemic Jew-hatred is in academia?
This is an issue that should unite, not divide, our community. We are determined to make our voices heard and speak out against systemic Jew-hatred in education.
About The Publishers
The Lawfare Project
The Lawfare Project is a global network of legal professionals that contribute their skills, time, and expertise to defending the civil and human rights of the Jewish people and pro-Israel community, and fighting discrimination wherever they see it.
Releases published on the JNS Wire are communicated and paid for by third parties. Jewish News Syndicate, and any of its distribution partners, take zero responsibility for the accuracy of any content published in any press release. All the statements, opinions, figures in text or multimedia including photos or videos included in each release are presented solely by the sponsoring organization, and in no way reflect the views or recommendation of Jewish News Syndicate or any of its partners. If you believe any of the content in a release published on JNS Wire is offensive or abusive, please report a release