Newsletter
Newsletter Support JNS

Former security guard indicted for plotting to bomb Las Vegas synagogue

Prosecutors and a U.S. magistrate judge said the suspect identifies himself as a white supremacist and shared with an FBI informant detailed plans to attack a synagogue near his home.

A view of the Las Vegas Strip. Photo by Moyan Brenn via Wikimedia Commons.
A view of the Las Vegas Strip. Photo by Moyan Brenn via Wikimedia Commons.

A former security guard was charged with compiling bomb components and guns to kill people at a Las Vegas synagogue, and of drawing up plans to attack a bar catering to LGBTQ customers and a McDonald’s.

Conor Climo, 23, pleaded not guilty to a federal firearm charge in federal court on Wednesday.

He was accused of possession of unregistered destructive devices found at his home after he was arrested on Aug. 8. Prosecutors and a U.S. magistrate judge said the suspect identifies himself as a white supremacist and shared with an FBI informant detailed plans to attack a synagogue near his northwest Las Vegas home.

“The defendant is a member of the Feuerkrieg Division of Atomwaffen, which is known as an organization that encourages, and may even commit, violent attacks on people of the Jewish religion, homosexuals, African-Americans and federal infrastructures,” Magistrate Judge Nancy Koppe wrote in Climo’s detention order.

“The defendant had gathered component parts that can readily be assembled into a destructive device,” said Koppe, and “had very specific plans about attacking one specific synagogue near his house,” including “wanting to light an incendiary device and having others join him to shoot people as they came out of the synagogue.”

Climo claimed to have tried to recruit a homeless individual for pre-attack surveillance against at least one Las Vegas synagogue and other targets. He could face up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine if convicted, according to The Associated Press.

Washington previously imposed on International Criminal Court judges for investigating U.S. citizens and U.S. allies.
Implementation is scheduled to begin in September and will be phased in gradually.
The gunman posed an immediate threat and was targeted in a precision strike, the military said.
Jerusalem will not allow “any breach of the lawful naval blockade on Gaza,” the Foreign Ministry said.
Regional security officials said it was used during operations targeting Tehran in 2025 and 2026.
Earlier forecasts feared a 9.5% drop in GDP in the first quarter, but current data point to a much more positive outcome.