(January 27, 2019 / Gatestone Institute)
- After it was announced that Asia Bibi—a Christian women who had spent nearly a decade on death row for allegedly “blaspheming” against Islam—had been acquitted, Muslims rioted throughout early November; in one march, more than 11,000 Muslims demanded her instant and public hanging. A leading Muslim party announced that the judges who had acquitted her deserved death. The lawyer who represented her fled the nation due to many death threats. — Pakistan
- While under arrest, he asked police to allow him to “kill the infidels … otherwise you will become infidels like them.” Authorities later said the man had mental problems and was under the influence of drugs. The Christians replied that the media always present such Muslims who attack churches and Christians as suffering from mental illnesses. — Egypt
- “[A]t least 350 Christian owned properties have illegally been seized. The government has stopped only 50 of these properties from being sold. … Iraqi Christians have long complained about the disproportionate targeting of their properties for illegal seizures. These seizures often occur in waves which follow violent incidents of persecution.” — Iraq
- “[T]he government … protect the aggressors and leave the victims mercilessly helpless. … The devastation in terms of massacre of lives and destruction of property is unimaginable.” — Rev. Dacholom Datiri, president of the Church of Christ in Nigeria
- Read full article at Gatestone.